Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Bugis Street | Century Square

Bugis Street

Mum came to Sg and stayed here for 3 days. I have planned to bring her to Bugis Street, because firstly I never been there before; secondly there is a famous Kuan Yin Thong Hood Cho Temple. We went there according to Eunice's roughly drawing and information. And based on my intelligence, I successfully brought my mum there. Hahahaha... ;P We went to Kuan Yin Temple before proceed to our shopping mission.



Kuan Yin Thong Hood Cho Temple


History of Kuan Yin Temple

This temple in Bugis Streest is specially dedicated to Kuan Yin, The Goddess of Mercy. It is always packed with people because wishes made in here always come true according to legend. My mum and I bought joss sticks and flowers. After prayed using joss sticks, I went forward to place my flowers. At the same time, I saw many people ran toward the same direction as me. At first I thought they want to do the same thing like me, but I was wrong. They actually wanted to take the sweets which believed will bring them luck after eat it. Of course, I will not lost this chance since I was so near to the place where those sweets places. Therefore I grabbed as many as I could. Unbelievable my mum more 'kiasu' than me, she grabbed more than me. Goshhh... =P

After 'kiasu' mission completed, we walked around somewhere near Temple. Unfortunately it started raining cats and dogs. Anyway this didn't destroy my mum's good mood to shop around here. She bought mushroom, America Ginseng, and other herbal things. She told me, it's cheap. Well, end of the day, I didn't buy much in Bugis Street. Vice-versa, my mum bought a lot.

Those bought from my mum. Not only this, there are
some other things but I forgot to snap.

*******************************

Century Square

Monday after work, I brought my mum to Century Square. It is located near to Tampines Interchange. Eunice treated us a wonderful dinner in Food Junction - Korean food. After dinner, mum and I shopped around Century Square. She was so excited when she saw her favourite shoes. In fact, she excited because of its price. Each of us bought one. Each pair $19.90. Cheap right? ;P

White is mine; Red is mum one. Anyway we'll exchange
during CNY. ;P

5 hugs:

Cheryl -_-" said...

I want to snap more sweets than ur mom!!

Connie said...

wah!! you want to 'bully' autie ar!!! =P

Cheryl -_-" said...

No ar, I am just kiasu. :P

Seok Liew said...

nice shoes, i like the red one.

Connie said...

both I also like... hehe!