Thursday, September 20, 2007

Japan Day 4 - Fuji Hakone

I feel excited when I was staring through window and I saw the Toyohashi town view… It is great although it is just a small town… Sun shined part of town… I love sunny day compared to raining day… Yes! I really feel good… Let’s start our journey to Hakone…



On the way to Hakone, we already can see Mt Fuji vividly… hehe… seems like today is my lucky day oh…. ;p Our first destination of the day was Peace Park… Autumn is just around the corner because we can see tree leaves start turn into red color…

A great Peace Pagoda and the Golden Buddha in the park…

Next, we headed to Owakudani Volcano Valley… It is a famous volcanic and it is famous of “Black cell eggs”… They sell this black cell egg in one packet… 6 eggs are in one packet and it costs 500 yen per packet… What’s special of this black cell eggs? Haha… Japanese believes that you’ll have extra 7 years life if you eat one black cell egg… and extra 14 years life if you eat 2 eggs… Wah! Anyone interested to be a long-long-life man or woman, you must taste the eggs… but please don’t too greedy because Japanese also believe that eat 4 eggs will bring bad luck… Haha, I’m not greedy at all, so I just ate one…

View of Owakudani Volcano Valley… sulfur-smelled air… no snake dare to crawl nearby… we only spent 10 minutes to walk up to this valley…

After ate egg, we had our lunch near Ashi Lake…


And Japanese restaurant where we had our lunch…


After lunch, we departed to pier to take Hakone sightseeing cruise to enjoy the panoramic view of Lake Ashi…

Here comes the most exciting destination of the day – Mount Fuji… the journey to Mt fuji 5th station takes around 45 minutes… we all the way up by bus... haha… I started feel cold on the way to Mt Fuji…

Finally! We’re at the 5th station of Mt Fuji! It was 23 Celsius that day! Haha! Finally I have chance to use my scarf! ;p

The cooling air at Mt Fuji makes me awake and excited… Check out the view from Mt Fuji…

Our driver, Izumi San, is so kind… since we love Mt Fuji so much, he purposely stopped at the 4th station of Mt Fuji for us to take more pictures…. Origato, Izumi San…

The 4th Station of Mt Fuji:


The barbeque squids stall:

We checked in at Route In Hotel that night… and our activities haven’t end… hehe…tonight’s dinner was my favorite – CRAB…. Long-leg crab… Oishi~ Ho Chiak~ We enjoyed our crab from 7pm till 9pm… we not only ate crab, but also all-you-can-eat buffet dinner was waiting for us… I should take some pictures here, but I was really busy eating crab that time… =p

After dinner, it’s time for us to soak in Japanese hot spring bath… As you know, I’m shy girl… I feel so uncomfortable to take off my Yukata in front of girls… but rules are still rules… I want to experience hot spring, so I must sacrifice my “body”… woo woo~ I naked in the hot spring room with other girls… ;p Wah! The water is damn hot… around 40 Celsius, I guess… but it’s comfortable after I used to its temperature… I saw many girls put their towels on their head… what’s the purpose of this? Can anyone tell me? To prevent faint? Anyway I just followed what they did… hehe…

Haagen-Dazs ice-cream in Japan is sold by using vending machine. The price is reasonable and is sold with the price 300 yen (around RM9)... feel great to taste Green tea flavoured Haagen-Dazs ice-cream after came out from hot bath...

Nice? My purple-colored Yukata… let me tell you more about Yukata...

Yukata is a Japanese summer garment. People wearing yukata are a common sight at fireworks displays, bon-odori festivals, and other summer events. The yukata is a casual form of kimono that is also frequently worn after bathing at tranditional Japanese inns.

How to wear Yukata?
The left side of the yukata is wrapped over the right side (the reverse is to be avoided as only the dead at a funeral wears the right over the left), and an obi(belt) is used to keep the yukata from falling open when worn in public. In private, as after a bath, the yukata is usually simply belted. Also, a type of thonged wooden sandal called geta is usually worn with the yukata.



Our room:

Ohya… nearly forgot… 2 peaches bought at Lake Ashi pier… The yellow peach tastes sweeter than red peach… yummy yummy…

2 hugs:

Mystical said...

hey hey leng lui~~ how ya doing? Nice trip to Japan!! Beautiful place! U have some nice shots on Mt. Fuji there..cool~ ;) I'm bk in Sg liao. If free, hope to meet up with u guys when i'm bk in pg or when u come to Sg.hee.

Take care & Best wishes!~

Connie said...

Shih Siew right?

Great trip to Japan! Don't feel to come back Malaysia at all! Hahaha!!

I'll down to Sg next month. I can meet you up anytime. :">