Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Japan Day 3 - Kyoto

8am, we checked out from Sheraton Miyako Hotel and our tour driver was waiting for us outside the hotel. Our bus driver, Izumi Sang is really kind, and never late to fetch us…



We headed to Shinkasen station and will take bullet train to Kyoto… Bullet train offers a world-famous and speedy Japanese train ride… We will reach Kyoto in approximately 15 minutes time…


While waiting for Shinkasen,


I sit inside the Shinkasen, and enjoy the view outside the train… take out my FujiFilm f40, snap pictures along the journey… Amazingly FujiFilm f40 can shoot out so stable image while the train is moving…


The train is moving fast…


Reached destination. Shinkasen and us…

Japan is famous of cakes… usually I see those delicious cakes from forwarded emails, but today I saw them myself… makes me drooling…


First destination in Kyoto is Heian Shrine…


But we need to do something before pray inside the Shrine… use this long and small container to take water… firstly wash left hand, and then right hand… lastly rinse your mouth…


Walk in the shrine through main door, but not side door. Side door usually for maids… How to pray? Throw your coins, clap your hand 3 times and make a wish… Bounds 2 times after make wish…

Wish board… I have made one wish there… :”>


We had our lunch at Nishijin Kimono center…


After lunch, we visited the center… there is weaving demonstration at the 2nd floor…


Kimono show is held at 1pm… I purposely choose a perfect corner for shooting… click here for more information about kimono...



Next, we headed to Kiyomizu temple… Kiyomizu (清水) literally means pure water, clear water or limpid water... The temple complex contains several other shrines, notably Jishu-jinja, dedicated to Okuninushino-Mikoto, a god of love and "good matches".

Outside the temple, there is a street for shopping especially for those who want to buy souvenirs… I hunted a lot of souvenirs here….


After shopping, we headed to Toyohashi… estimates 2 hours to reach Toyohashi… Our dinner for today…


We check-in in Nikko Hotel… and this is our room…


And my Yukata performance of the night…heheheh…


Toyohashi is a small town… the shop usually closed at 6pm except Pachiko and 99 Yen Shop… Kel and I went to game shop to take sticker pictures and we crazily played games there… it was fun… after game, we shopped at 99 Yen Shop… a lot of cheap things… heheh… girls like shopping… and I only shop on cheap things….;p


Our tour guide, Wan Ping is an experience tour guide in Reliance. She stays in Japan for quite some time… She usually told us some story about Japan during the move from one place to other place… Like today, she taught us some Japanese bad words… don’t simply say the words like “cincin”, “Busu” and “Baka”… those words mean “private part”, “ugly girl”, and “crazy” respectively…


3 hugs:

Cheryl -_-" said...

I tot cincin is guy's private part, not girl's private part? Tat's y I cannot tell Japanese my real name! sobs..:(

思忆缘 said...

I thought you'll be wearing kimono, but you are not. So dissappointed! :(

Connie said...

Chinx2, cincin is guy's private part ar..? not girl ar...? I confuse... however, conclusion is private part lar... HAhahaah!

HThying, wear kimono in Japan is extremely expensive and not worthy... the process of wearing kimono is long... but anyway, I have chance to wear Yukata every night... Hohoho!