Saturday, December 3, 2011

Cambodia Trip Day 2: Angkor Wat & Tonle Sap Lake

Finally I am able to update my blog again! Start my new life with someone. It is exciting part. By the way I discover that I should not just neglect this little blog as I noticed that getting many readers giving me supports. Thanks for encouragement you all have been given to me. I appreciate it very much. Will continue blogging without let you all down. ^___^
[8 October 2010]
Angkor Wat - my long awaiting destination. It looks so magnificient and amazing in the first sight. Heard from someone that the sunrise in Angkor Wat is the best. As a traveller, of course I will sacrifice my sleeping time and woke up at 4am just to capture a glimpse of sunlight in Angkor Wat. I believe it will be very breathtaking.
The sunlight paints the sky into golden yellow. Isn't it wonderful? Everything seems like just stop at this moment. So lovely and peaceful.
I am running out of vocabulary to describe this beauty nature. But I believe my pictures will be able to show you all how beautiful is it. Check it out. ^___^

I believe you will be very familiar to this place if you watched the movie "Tomb Raider" before. Yup, this place named as Ta Prohm. It is one of the famous temple in Angkor due to those photogenic and atmospheric of tree growing out of the ruins of temple.

Bayon - well known of its massive and serene of stone face.
After 11 hours walking up and down in Angkor Wat, we decided give ourselves a rest. The weather was super hot until we were very exhausted. After had our lunch, we headed back to hotel to take a rest. Around 5pm, we get ourselves for the next attraction in Siem Reap - Tonle Sap Lake.
The Tonle Sap lake is the largest fresh water lake in South-East Asia. One of unique feature is people used to living in floating village around the Tonle Sap lake. You can find a lot of facilities here such as floating clinic, floating house, floating mechanic shop, and even floating church.

At night we had our buffet dinner at restaurant. Surprisingly seeing many tourists gathered over here. The reason is we get to see traditional Khmer dance while having our dinner.

Angkor Wat is a place full of mystery and need a lot of time for exploring its creation. I think I need at least 3 days to exlore this place, but too bad tomorrow we have to continue our journey to Phnom Penh.